Noun (1) Restricting access to subscriber or Relying Party information in accordance with Federal law and Agency policy.
(2) Freedom from unauthorized intrusion or disclosure of information about individuals.
(3) The right of individuals to control or influence information that is related to them in terms of who may collect or store it and to whom that information may be disclosed.
(4) The individuals right to privacy must be protected in Federal Government information activities involving personal information. Such information is to be collected, maintained, and protected so as to preclude intrusion into the privacy of individuals and the unwarranted disclosure of personal information.
(5) The quality or state of being free from public scrutiny.
(6) The quality or state of having ones personal information or activities protected from unauthorized use by another.
(7) One of the trust services principles criteria that determines if the personal information is collected, used, retained and disclosed in conformity with the commitments the entity makes in its privacy notice and with the AICPA/CICA Trust Services privacy criteria.